Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Come Strive with Us! Seeking a Chapter Operations Manager
Chapter Operations Manager
Are you passionate about EDUCATION REFORM?
Are you eager to take on serious RESPONSIBILITY and join a TEAM of smart, fun and motivated individuals?
Are you excited to use your SKILLS and CREATIVITY to help grow an early stage organization?
Are you driven to create real and significant IMPACT?
Then come STRIVE with us!
Strive for College is a new approach to correcting the inequalities of college access, focusing on the lack of information and motivation that many underserved high school students face. Strive for College’s ‘high-tech/high-touch’ approach helps qualified students successfully identify and apply to their best-fit colleges and universities. Strive accomplishes this though a unique college search tool and individualized online curriculum complimented by a grassroots component of undergraduate student mentors.
With an impressive initial results and a strong support base, Strive has the potential to dramatically improve college access for underserved students over the next few years. Joining the Chapter Operations Team offers a unique opportunity to significantly contribute, as one of the first employees, to the growth of a early stage startup non-profit organization, helping to build and improve Strive’s core program – the Strive Chapter. Strive Chapters exist at colleges and universities across the country and are made up of undergraduates who provide one-on-one college mentoring to underserved high school students who need it most. More information about Strive for College can be found on our website: www.striveforcollege.org.
Strive for College is seeking an outgoing, results driven leader with the ability to simultaneously oversee existing chapters, manage new chapter growth, and support the development of a national expansion plan. This person will recruit and manage a growing number of student volunteers throughout the country and will be the major driver for the evaluation and improvement of Strive’s Chapter model.
As a founding member of the Chapter Operations team you will…
· Have the ability to impact the roles and responsibilities of this position in order to best fit your working style and best serve and improve Strive Chapters
· Develop a strong role-model and mentor relationship with college student leaders
· See immediate results in your effort to impact college-going rates among underserved communities across the country
· Develop connections with influential donors and community members
· Operate within a small, close-knit and supportive office
· Travel the country to visit Strive Chapters
· Contribute significantly to the direction in which Strive grows and ultimately impact the future of the organization
If this sounds exciting to you, please apply if you are…
· An enthusiastic individual who is passionate about education
· Flexible and capable of managing Strive’s Chapter program efforts in a period of rapid growth
· Have a strong attention to detail, a results orientation and problem solving abilities
· Creative and comfortable with proposing projects and providing constructive feedback at all stages
Strive for College is located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
This is an exempt position with generous benefits and salary.
Strive for College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you feel that you are the right candidate who can help Strive build a national network of Strive Chapters, please submit your resume with a cover letter to Sofia Janney-Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Strive Chapter Operations – [Applicant’s Name]’.